Your home is filled with appliances that make your life more convenient and comfortable. You want your house to be a place of comfort. This might mean having a nice Glass display cabinet or other pieces of furniture. You probably have more than you think: dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, garage door opener and TV remote, just for starters. So what’s next in home technology? I was talking to a friend recently who told me that they used a UK house move service to move all of their fantastic technology to their new home. Isn’t it fantastic how portable this technology is?Some homes are now are designed with the idea that technology will take centre stage. Many people’s love of technology can even sway them from buying an old depleted home to buying a new modern home with all kind of modifications. Eddie Yan is an example of the realtors where you can find a home with this sort of modern design. Anyway, I digress.
Many alarm companies are beginning to offer home automation products and services that can turn your home into a smart home. They offer increased control over many common household functions, including lighting, air conditioning, security (locks and alarm system), televisions, stereos and computers.
Before you write home automation off as another high-tech luxury, check out these benefits that can save you money, increase your safety and enhance your life:
- Home automation technology can help you control your thermostat when you are away from home. Unlike a programmable thermostat, you can change the temperature immediately from your smart phone or tablet device. So, if you are out running errands and it’s taking a little longer than expected, you can adjust the temperature so you aren’t cooling or heating an empty home.
- You can also save money by reducing your electricity usage. Whether you accidentally left the lights on, can’t remember if you turned off the iron, or want to reduce wasted energy from plugged-in and unused appliances, home automation has you covered. On average, home automation technology saves homeowners 10-15% monthly on their utility bills.
- Heightened security is one of the main reasons consumers seek out home automation. Can’t remember if you locked the doors? Lock or unlock your doors via smart phone or tablet. Did you forget to arm your alarm system? No problem, arm it remotely. When the components work together, the features are endless.
- Convenience is also a consideration. For example, home automation allows you to accept a delivery without being home. When your doorbell rings, an alert is sent to your smart phone or tablet. You view live video from a security camera positioned in the entryway to see who is at the door. With the touch of a button you can speak with the delivery person, verify their identity, and give them special instructions (i.e., leave the package on the doorstep or on the table by the door). You can even remotely unlock the front door, watch the person enter your home and set the package down, watch as they exit, and lock the door remotely behind them. It’s as simple and secure as that.
- Home automation can enhance your life by giving you the ability to keep an eye on what’s important to you when you are away. An alarm system that utilizes home automation technology can be programmed to send you a notification via email or text message each time your child disarms the alarm system after he or she gets home from school. You can even make certain areas of your home off-limits to kids such as a gun cabinet or your bedroom. These features can provide extra safety to your family and give you peace of mind when you are away from home.
Home automation is no longer an idea of the future. It’s here and it’s within your reach. The improvements will not only save you time, but help you keep your life and home running at optimum efficiency. Get started today: Find a trusted security company in your area and discover how you can bring your home into the future.